Pages

Saturday 5 March 2011

Magazine Freebies March Glamour & Bliss (ft. Clinique & Barry M swatches)


Hi all! I'm really sorry I haven't been posting lately!


Anyway, when I was younger I used to be subscribed to a few little kid magazines that gave out freebies each month. Since then, I've had no interest in magazines until now. The last magazine offer I took advantage of was the free Nails Inc polishes that came in the December issue of Glamour.

Talking about Glamour, you certainly don't let me down, do you? For this month spend £2 and get generous samples of the top Clinique products. You can choose from 10 things - or act like a weirdo and get 10 copies of the magazine, if you wish!

Choose from face cleansers, eye make-up remover, make-up and more!

Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief. £2 for 30ml (30ml worth £18!)

I grabbed the Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief. Originally, I picked this up to use as my night time moisturizer - doesn't the name suggest that it would be appropriate? I was surprised to find that this claims to be used as: ''Use whenever, wherever needed, under or over make-up. Or as a 5-minute moisture mask.'' I've tried this as a regular moisturizer, over make-up and also as my night time moisturizer. Although I haven't used it enough to properly review it yet, I have to say it's pretty good. It's a lightweight gel formula that sinks in pretty quickly. I'm excited to use it for a few weeks. Sadly, the price is a little bit of a blow. Don't you think? I suppose if I fall in love with it I will have to deal with the price!


Clinique High Impact Rough Impact SPF 15 lipstick in 17 Rosette


The second time round, I decided to grab the full-size lipstick. This is worth £15 at full size so £2 is a fantastic deal! I don't really like the packaging - it's Clinique's signature mint green colour. The bottom is also a little wobbly but I'm not complaining. The colour is definitely not something I would wear on a daily basis but that doesn't mean it isn't a lovely colour.


It's described on their website as a rose and I can somewhat see that. It's a nice mauvy/red rose colour but the addition of the gold shimmer definitely adds more of a copper sheen to my lips when applied. This is very common with darker lip colours on me by the way, something in my lips reacts with the ever so slight shimmer and the colour tone and I get rather coppery lips. I wouldn't wear this out unless I blotted it :P



It can tend to look a bit more red but it does have a definite mauve/pink tone to it. It's very pretty and worth a chance at £2! Next up is Bliss magazine! £2.75



Next up is March's Bliss magazine. Now I have to admit - I felt pretty sheepish buying this. I was, however, not going to miss out on free Barry M! Especially seeing as last month a magazine was offering 4 free Barry M nail paints. Now I love nail polish more than anything else in beauty, so why didn't I pick it up when I had the chance? Well let's just say I had my dignity.


Justin Bieber was on the cover.


I ain't got anything against the kid but I wouldn't be able to walk that path of shame & pay at the till with that clutched in my hands, you know? So this month was a lot easier to force myself to buy as there is only Katy Perry on the cover. And it isn't covered with ''cringe!!!'' & ''free sticker & crayon set!''


I'm actually really pleased with the freebies! ^-^



Three very pretty Barry M glossy tubes in a bright fuchsia, orange & gold shimmer red. 8ml


At first, I thought these were full-size. However, a full size glossy tube is 10ml. £2.75 for 24ml of product in total though is great!


Comparison of size with Barry M number 4 Matt Pink


These all have the same scent. Usually, Barry M creates unique scents for each of the shades - usually corresponding the the actual colour themselves. For example, the nude 'toffee' coloured gloss smells exactly like it's name. The bright pink 'Coral' coloured gloss smells of tropical fruit. These 3 tubes all have the same scent which is nice but quite annoying. They smell distinctly of a sweet from when I was younger - that I wasn't too keen on - that smelt better than tasted. I just wish I could remember what the sweet was! However, they smell lovely and are a great addition to my collection as I don't tend to buy these colours.
From L-R: Red gold shimmer, No. 4 Matt Pink, Orange, Bright Fuchsia Pink


Generally, I adore Barry M lip gloss. Whether it's the lip wands or the glossy tubes, they are soft and workable. They can be applied thickly to get a semi-opaque lip colour or sheerly for a nice glossy shine. All of the glosses so far are wonderfully non drying and easy to apply without being sticky. They smell lovely and there are quite a few shades to choose from so I highly recommend them!




Bliss even chucked in a yummy maoam chew. I love fruity chews that aren't overally chewy, so this was a nice little surprise!


Until next time, full of love


Huzzannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment