Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Lipstick Haul/Swatches & Semi-Review (feat. Revlon, 17 & GOSH)


As promised (but a lot later than expected, sorry) this is the second part of my haul from February 10th. I pretty much ran out of room for the post - but I also wanted to swatch them and give you a little rundown on the actual lipsticks themselves.

I got four of them - a beginning to a new collection really! ^-^



From L-R; GOSH 134 Darling, Revlon Matte 001 Nude Attitude, Revlon Matte 002 Pink Pout, 17 Mirror Shine in Belle


Relvon Matte Lipsticks currently retail for £2 off of £7.49 each in Superdrug/Boots stores. I couldn't pass these up at £5.49 each!^-^
001 Nude Attitude is a very foundation/orange light nude that is perfect for the tanned - unfortunately I am so pale that I simply cannot pull it off without turning it into a ''peachy orange'' rather than the nude I intended to purchase it for!


002 Pink Pout is simply gorgeous. I consider it to be a bright, warm but slightly deep pink which has a distinct purple/mauve tone to it. It's lovely! You can either apply this liberally and leave it as it is or blot it to get a wearable lip.


Revlon Matte lipsticks are not necessarily drying - but they're not very moisturizing or creamy in application either. So while they don't dry out your lips, the colour can settle and exaggerate any dryness from before application. A lip balm is a must before application and a gloss on top, unless you want a very natural lip which is totally optional. I consider these to be the perfect lipstick as they are drugstore and with a little care look lovely.


GOSH's Velvet Touch Lipstick in 134 Darling retails at £6.49 - I got it for £2 off with a gift box coupon from GOSH.

As you can probably tell, Darling is a very light nude. However, I do not really rate this lipstick at all. Whilst it is light enough for me, the application manages to be glossy as well as showing off the dryness at the same time. It applies a bit patchy. It's also not the ''perfect'' nude for me, although it suits me a lot more than Nude Attitude, this nude is still slightly too yellow concealer/foundation toned to work. Plus I've noticed my natural lip line is incredibly hard to work with for nudes!


17 Mirror Shine On Lipstick in Belle - RRP @ £4.59

Okay - so it's not the longest lasting lipstick in the world but it's perfect! I had heard some great things about this lipstick and after seeing the light, glossy swatch on my own hand I had to get it for myself. This, along with Pink Pout, is my favourite lipstick of this entire post. Maybe even more! This lipstick is more of a tint which can built up or kept sheer and it is amazingly glossy. You don't need a lip gloss on top!


Belle is super creamy, easy to apply and that perfect ''my lips but better shades.'' The lipstick is so moisturizing it's unbelievable. You can even apply it directly on dry lips and they will suddenly look healthy, smooth, soft, coloured and glossy. The perfect tinted lip balm really! As a result it does require a good amount of reapplication but I don't find that necessarily a bother. L-R: 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Belle, Revlon Matte 002 Pink Pout, Revlon Matte 001 Nude Attitude, GOSH 134 Darling Velvet Touch Lipstick



In all, I recommend the 17 Mirror Shine Belle and Pink Pout Revlon Matte out of the four. I'm still on the look out for a good nude, maybe when I can get my hands on some MAC...


Until Next Time, Full of Love


Huzzannah.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for all this great info on these lip colors, anna!

    thought you'd be interested in my 100-piece elf makeup, crackle nail polish, and Ulta cosmetics giveaway!

    http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2011/02/makeup-muses-makeup-more-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete