Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Asian Cosmetics Haul ^^


First of all, I would like to say a big thank you to my friend Pearl who picked up all these awesome goodies for me. She went on a 2week long holiday to Hong Kong and you should go check out her holiday hauls on her blog! ^^

As I always write way too much, I'll try to keep this as brief as possible! Should be fairly easy seeing as I don't know the names/prices of a lot of these items. Sorry. :3

Etude House Glitter Polish With Sequin Hearts

This is supposeably a dupe for a Nicole By Opi polish from the Justin Bieber collection! Sadly, this polish doesn't have a name or a number. :3 It is nevertheless a lovely layering polish, it can be used as just a fine silver glitter top coat or you can pick up a heart for your nail too. I'm really glad to recieve this one as that Justin Bieber one actually caught my eye haha! ^^

Dark Tina Angel Nail Polish

This is actually a lilac shatter/crackle polish! I've tried it out and it's actually really good, shatters very easily and the formula is a lot better than the Barry M black nail effects. I love the frosted packaging of this polish! No name or number sorry, but it is 15ml which is great as I'm sure to get a lot of use out of this polish before it runs out. This is a Japanese brand, btw.

Canmake Colorful Nails Glitter Polish in Number 21

I love this! Unfortunately my picture is rubbish, I had such a tough time even getting a slight bit of accuracy. This was my favourite of the lot, I have an addiction to glitter polish even though they're a pain to get off! Although the pictures don't show this, the top of this is adorable. Shaped almost like a gemstone and even the bottle (which you can see above) is shaped into a gem shape.

It's a sheer lilac jelly base with tons of multicoloured, almost holographic, fine glitter. This is an amazing layering polish but could also be a lovely colour on its own over a creamy lilac polish! This also looks great over/under a black, or the lilac above, crackle polish.

My friend even gave me her free gift with purchase, a basic black canmake polish in number 40. As crazy as it seems, I actually love this polish as well! It is opaque in one coat that is neither goopy or thin, dries well and is a proper shiny black. It looks lovely with the lilac shatter on top. This is my favourite black polish. :) Oh and another thing to add to the crazy train - I freaking love the cap on this. It has a lovely feeling when you grip it...feels metally? Idk, I'm crazy I know.

Canmake Cream Cheek in 02 Cherry Pink

Cream blush - you can blend it lightly or really well to give either a bright or natural look. You can also apply it as a base for your powder blush. Naturally, this was one of the items I was most excited about when I gave my friend my wishlist and I'm so glad she got me one! ^^

It's a lovely bright pink, leaning a bit on the darker barbie pink side, with tiny micro shimmer. When blended entirely out not much of the colour pigment remains but a lot of glitter does! I recommend blending this to a nice flush on the cheeks and leaving it at that as too much with leave you looking like a glitterball. :P

Lastly Canmake Nudy Glow Rouge lipgloss in 02 Strawberry Whip




Check out the cute packaging! That's a keeper ^^ I'm sad lol.




A bit more true to colour, a nice bright pink that reminds me of strawberry milkshake. From the little I've used this I've found that wearing this sheerly is a must - it's super pigmented - so I have to use a light hand. No scent to it and feels a bit thick but still comfortable and non sticky. A winner in my opinion.
It has a brush applicator. The pigmentation, however, is a problem as it will apply a lot of product at once so I recommend using another lip brush to apply the colour accurately.


And a final swatch, one swipe. Pretty.

Oh a final picture, my dog was especially interested in why I was taking pictures at the window in my bathroom (don't judge me, best lighting in the house!) so I let him sniff my phone charm that she also got me. It's a really cute glow in the dark horse but we also discussed how it kinda looked like a dragon at the same time! ^^




Until Next Time,




Huzzannah.

2 comments: