Pages

Saturday 16 April 2011

Sleek Limited Edition Tinted Lip Conditioner/Pout Polish (avoir la peche) Review

Sleek's tinted lip conditioner in 961 Sugar May from the avoir la peche range, roughly £4-£5


A few weeks back I picked this up on a (unsuccessful) trip into a town to check out Sally's clearance section. I ended up leaving after mooching about Superdrug for quite awhile - I felt a bit odd leaving without purchasing something so I took forever swatching the tester on my hand to decide whether I liked it or not!

I am, however, extremely glad I picked this up as it is really lovely.


The packaging is adorable yet sturdy and since it's limited edition, I recommend getting this asap! It's a lovely, peachy orange colour with a lovely sheen and it is an amazing lip balm. Very moisturizing. ^^


Sadly my only gripe with this is the smell. Oh, It smells lovely - a very generic sweet scent. The problem with the scent is that when I apply this to my bare lips (i.e no previous lip balm) and without a gloss on top the scent kind of...travels. I can feel it at the back of my mouth and my throat experiences a bitter taste which I have noticed doesn't happen if I apply a clear lip balm underneath and a clear (or sheer orange) gloss on top. This isn't too annoying, plus it keeps the tinted lip conditioner on for longer, but It was a surprise to find this very unpleasant taste in my mouth from what I can only assume is the scent regardless of the amazing moisturizing abilities or the peachy sheen. QQ


Does this tempt you? It's really fun - it can be layered up or worn sheerly, giving you a lovely peachy lip every time. The special edition orange Barry M glossy tube goes exceptionally well with this as it is a sheer, jelly like formula that doesn't overpower the peachy tone of this. ^^


Overall, I'm happy with this product. The taste so far has not put me off using it since I have found a good way to wear it and I'm hopefully going to pick up more of these in the future. Later on in the year (summer) another collection is coming out which is going to be a lot more coral/bright orange I believe so I'd love to compare the two! ^^


Until Next Time,


Huzzannah

No comments:

Post a Comment