Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

Revlon Colorstay Foundation: 110 Ivory


I must admit, I did want to purchase a high end foundation on my holiday but I haven't had the chance. I ran out of my DIY tinted moisturizer (Bourjois & Sanctuary Spa) and gave in and spent the $10 on a Revlon foundation instead. What I have against drugstore products like foundation in the states is that 1) there are no testers available 2) due to this, everybody rips open the LAST of the shades that I need and uses it in store and 3) they're expensive for what they are.

At $10, I could easily spend about $15-$20 more to get a higher end foundation. Everything I have bought so far, say from Sephora, has pleased me very much - I find that the more you are willing to pay, after researching a product, the better the result. Whilst this foundation is nice, wears for a decent amount of time and suits me quite well after it has oxidized a bit, it hasn't wowed me. It is, however, a billion times better than Photoready, not just because there is no shimmer in it!




The only thing I really dislike about it is the packaging, it hasn't got a pump. I'd taken it for granted that all of mine so far had a pump and now i realise what a pain it is to be without one! I've actually poured this into a easier to get into small pot as I need it as it's very messy to pour out onto the back of my hand. It's okay, I'll give it a fair go and we'll see.

Until Next Time,

Huzzannah

No comments:

Post a Comment