Pages

Saturday 10 September 2011

Bzzz...Burts Bees (haul and swatches etc)

Soooo I usually pass on Burts Bees, don't get me wrong I tend to love most of their products (aside from the hand creams...jeez they all smell/feel so horrible!) BUT they tend to be quite expensive where I live and a little unavailable. When I dropped by Books a Million on my travels in America, however, I found some nice little beauties on sale so I grabbed em!

I got 4 of the lip shimmers, previous to this I only had one in Nutmeg (a coppery kinda colour.) I love the minty smell/sensation they give off, the non-drying formula and the surprisingly non-slippy and decent lasting staying power. They come in very compact little lip-balm containers (sadly they break like those Chapsticks you get as a kid, you know when you twirl them up too far and have to push them back down to put the lid on :/) but aside from that they're great.

I got one for $1 in the Shade Coffee.


And then for $5 I got the shades Champagne (a shimmery, pale pearly pink,) Rhubarb (darker reddish/pink MLBB shade) and Watermelon (a bright, natural flush of pink.)





Swatches L-R: Coffee, Rhubarb, Watermelon, Champagne

As you can see, Coffee is the darkest and most pigmented - it's like a creamy lipstick - whereas Champagne is the lightest - a sweet, pearly pink shimmer on the lips. I actually really like them all, aside from coffee, which is far too dark for me. The rest apply smoothly and evenly and feel slightly creamy as opposed to the tightness of a lipstick, without the similar slip. I did have lip swatches but I seem to have misplaced them since July, I'm ever so sorry. :3

Until Next Time,

Huzzannah



p.s for personal (traumatic) reasons the sound of 'Bzz' actually helps aide my fitness regime, seeing as it sends me running across the next available hill/field at high speeds to escape my pursuers. Damn, I hate wasps!

No comments:

Post a Comment