Pages

Saturday 10 September 2011

NYX Hauling (swatches)

I didn't pick up much from NYX but oh well, I can always buy it online (somehow.) I passed by an ULTA once in my whole stay and was very disappointed - it didn't have a huge selection of anything and was missing loads of brands, oh well. I spent ages agonizing over the lipsticks since there are no testers and the little colour bottom is no indication so I had to guess my way around a shade. Sadly, my lipstick is nothing like any of the swatches on other blogs - i think it's just cause I'm so damn pale. :p

First up is the NYX soft matte lip cream in the shade Tokyo.


Very bright, very pigmented and indeed creamy. The applicator is a bit too big for this sort of product though, you really need a lip brush/your finger to blend it in to avoid having awful streaky/dry lips and over application. This smells delicious by the way, a very strong sweet/cake/batter scent which would overwhelm some so be warned!

Next is the NYX round lipstick in Tea Rose.




My picture rotated in blogger (cue incessant ranting ath this annoying bugtype thing...then quiet down as I realise how tired I am and how I cba...) so deal with it! This is definitely not the same shade I've seen on everyone elses blog, at least next to my skin tone so this is really quite dark on me - not even a MLBB shade so I'm a bit on the fence with this. It might turn out to be a nice fall colour on special occasions? I know I sound silly, this is hardly bold, but for me it kinda is. :p Aside from the shade it's so creamy and pigmented and totally non-drying so this lipstick formula is far superior to most, it actually reminds me of my MAC lipstick in that way. Average wear and fades well, not much slip. Just be careful since it's so pigmented!

Until Next Time,

Huzzannah

No comments:

Post a Comment